Ivy Rugby Newsletter
Stay informed on the latest news from the Ivy Rugby Conference
Rugby Smart - Tackling technique tips
Video from NZRU coaching toolbox website. Pat Lam teaches some up and comers the proper technique to the rugby tackle.
The Key Factors in the Tackle
1. tackleSight target
2. Move forward into the tackle
3. Move slightly inside the ball-carrier (inside shoulder)
4. Face up!
5. Keep feet alive and position lead foot close to ball-carrier
6. Drive with the legs to make fi rm contact with the shoulder and with the head to the side
7. Punch arms forward and wrap around the ball-carrier
8. Continue power drive through to complete the tackle
9. Regain feet and recover ball.